Sunday, October 2, 2016

Recap of Cooking Carnival

The month of September has ended and in the month we got together and presented a Marathon of dishes. For those who follow the blog, you would know what I mean by this. In the last month, we had to choose either five categories or five ingredients and post recipes using that each week. Or we could select an ingredient and post recipes with that each day. For this month I selected the categories and posted soups, appetizers, entrees, rice dishes and finally desserts. 

What was more interesting about this month was the number of cities I posted the recipes from. When I opted to do the Marathon, I was going to be relatively free in the month. Then one plan after the other came up and I found myself struggling to finish prep while at home and post on the go! To be precise, I posted 26 recipes from SIX cities across two countries. The month started off in Calgary and Banff in Canada, then back to SF for a week and then the next week from New York, New Jersey and Boston! That meant I was in a different time zone each time! And yes, between the two trips was the Jain festival of Pajushan; where we do not consume eggs, potatoes, onions and garlic! I am glad I finished it all and though I am not completely satisfied with a couple of dishes, the rest was great! 

Here is a round-up of the Cooking Carnival: 

Week 1: Soups

Day 1: Vegetable Manchow Soup


Day 2: Broccoli Cheddar Soup



An InLinkz Link-up

7 comments :

  1. Smruti, yes it is hard to cope up at times specially when you are travelling, but well where there is a will there is a way..see you did it..and so beautifully. loved your collection of recipes and not to forget the beautiful clicks..a wonderful visual treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic series, Smruti!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In spite of your busy schedule, you came up with a series of yummy and colorfil disheso that were beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow thats really awesome that you managed to cook and post such delicious ones even while travelling..I enjoyed your series so much..what a commendable job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Srivalli. I follow you on IG and love your IG stories. I was wondering how you managed to post all on time perfectly. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an amazing roundup Smruthi. Loved all your dishes and bookmarked quite a few to try some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful roundup Smruti. You dis an awesome job. I have bookmarked all of your recipes; Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete