Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pumpkin Soup

October, Fall and Halloween: three of my most favorite words and in this order too! I love October as it brings my birthday with it; next I love Fall, the season that brings so much color and cheer into the surrounding and lastly Halloween, the festival that also brings my better half's birthday. So, October is the busiest month in the year but I still love it!



Last year I used pumpkin to make these amazing dishes like Pasta in Pumpkin Sauce and Pumpkin Cheesecake. I made a Roasted Butternut Squash soup too. This year October has just begun and I already have a list of things I am going to make in the coming days. So first Pumpkin recipe this Fall is this easy Pumpkin soup. From start to finish it comes together in 15 minutes!



If you are a fan of pumpkin and intend to make a ton of recipes from it, make a bulk of the puree and freeze it. Use the puree as required throughout the season. One more thing to note here: I have used a pinch of Pumpkin Spice to flavor the soup. However, if you do not like it or it is not available near your house, substitute with powdered cinnamon. It will give the soup a similar fall flavor as the pumpkin spice. So make this soup tonight and keep warm and healthy this Fall! Here is a sneak peek into my Fall collection from New Hampshire last year for all of you. Happy Fall peeps.



Ingredients
Pumpkin Puree 1 cup Homemade/canned
Onion 1 diced
Tomato 1/2 diced
Garlic, 2-3 cloves
Ginger 1 inch piece 
Black Pepper, Salt
Pumpkin Spice 1 tsp
Water 
Olive oil/Butter




Method

In a heavy bottom saucepan sauté diced garlic and ginger in 1/2 tsp butter or olive oil. Add diced onion and sauté. Season with salt and black pepper. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Once the onion is soft, add the tomatoes. Cook for a couple of minutes and add the pumpkin puree. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes. Then add 2 cups water, 1 tsp salt, pumpkin spice and some pepper powder; mix well and bring to a boil. Turn down the flame and let it cool. 

Process the soup with an immersion blender or a regular blender until smooth and creamy. Sieve the soup if desired to the pan. Bring the soup to a boil and turn down the heat. Serve with a side of toast, focaccia or just with a dollop of butter or a drizzle of olive oil!




For a lot of other soup recipes, go here: 12 Wholesome Soup recipes




8 comments :

  1. one of my favourite soup...lovely clicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made pumpkin soup, but that changes this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Riki, you should try this one!! It will be on your Fall menu forever then. I promise :)

      Delete
  3. What beautiful colors and what a great roundup now that there's a nip in the air. Thank you for sharing all these great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for those wonderful words flourandfancy! :)

      Delete
  4. Looks very yummy and appetizing . I plan to make it tomorrow . Im sure it is going to be divine (Y)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! How did it turn out for you, VA D?

      Delete